10/24/2007 07:09:00 PM

Pena Bats Cleanup...

Posted by Mark McCray |


Tony Pena has officially concluded the same rigorous interview process that the other potential succesors to Gentleman Joe, Joe Girardi and Donnie Baseball, had gone through earlier this week. Here are some excerpts that I liked from the press conference call that was held after completion of the interview.

"Any time your talking baseball, it is a great day."

"I just expressed that I want to take this team to the final line- to win the World Series."

"We have great talent in this organization."

"I am very proud to wear the uniform that I have worn for the last couple years."

"With the talent that we have, there is no question in my mind we can go on and do the job."

""If I don't get the job and they ask me to come back as a coach, I have no problem with that. I'm in love with this organization. I'm very, very proud to wear that uniform."

Personally, I do not think that Tony Pena gets this job. Do I think that he is more than capable of handling everything that comes with this job? Yes. But he just is not going to get it. What is amazingly positive for the Yank's however, is summed up with the last comment he makes to reporters- "If I don't get the job and they ask me to come back as a coach, I have no problem with that. I'm in love with this organization. I'm very, very proud to wear that uniform."

And you know what Tony. We as Yankee's fans are very, very proud to have you in that dugout as well. See you in '08.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe