3/05/2008 01:28:00 PM

Jeter's Dugout Interview On ESPN

Posted by Mark McCray |

Just got done watching Derek Jeter's pregame interview with Rick Sutcliffe.

First of all, I don't know if it is me or what but Derek Jeter looks like he is in great shape. Actually. In my opinion, he looks about five years younger.

Jeter did a great job being Jeter, and not answering any of the personal questions and instead answered everyone of them with his bottom line "It's all about winning a Championship".

They asked Derek about Joba and he said the most important thing about him is his demeanor and "being confident in his abilities without being cocky." I agree.

The best line of the interview?

"What will it be like to move into #3 all time on the hitlist for the New York Yankees. Only Lou Gehrig will be ahead of you. Your going to pass this year Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth. That has to mean something to you. Come on. Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth!"

"I haven't thought about it, its still a long ways a way...I think its something...whenever you mention those guys...to even pass those guys in strikeouts is an accomplishment for me! You just want to be mentioned in the same sentence as those guys!"

You gotta love the Captain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe