4/08/2008 02:25:00 AM

Jeter Out "At Least A Few Days"

Posted by Mark McCray |

Apparently Buster's inside Yankee sources were wrong again (They said it was a groin-- and not a quad-- right on air for everyone to hear during the game...but everything I am reading online seem to say it is in fact a quad...hmm...)

Well either way check this out:

Derek Jeter said his leg first bothered him Sunday but he thought it was a cramp. He felt it grab again when he beat out a potential double-play grounder before Abreu's drive in the first inning.

"I didn't aggravate it but I didn't really push it," Jeter said. "I felt something so I didn't want to be stupid and I came out and hopefully it won't be too long."

Jeter departed before the third inning and an MRI revealed the strain. Manager Joe Girardi said he won't play Tuesday afternoon against Kansas City, but the club didn't have any immediate plans to put him on the disabled list.

"It's going to be at least a few days," Girardi said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe