4/09/2008 09:05:00 PM

What's Gotten Into Brian Bruney?

Posted by Mark McCray |

As heavy rain approached Kansas City on Wednesday night, New York Yankees manager, Joe Girardi, made a unique last minute decision to scratch the rookie right hander Ian Kennedy in favor of his middle reliever Brian Bruney.

I was unable to actually see the start of the game, but from looking at Bruney's line I am truly impressed. If I am reading his statistics right, Bruney looks to be like an entirely different person this year.

After making his first ever career start, Bruney threw two scoreless innings giving up just 1 hit, 1 walk, and had four strikeouts. Really? Brian Bruney?

Then I took a look at the rest of his stats for 2008. Now it is still early but something has seriously gotten into Brian Bruney and I love it!!!

So far this season (and yes, I do know it is early) Brian Bruney has pitched 5 and 2/3 innings of relief*, given up 0 runs, just 1 hit, walked just 1, and struck out 8. His ERA is obviously sitting at a fat 0.00.

So what has gotten into Brian Bruney??? I happen to think it might be Dave Eiland. After all, he is a genious...right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe