5/12/2008 11:57:00 AM

Derek Jeter Is The Answer Man

Posted by Mark McCray |

Derek Jeter sure keeps busy; shortstop, cologne pitchman, captain of the Yankee clipper, reported arm candy for six ladies on Maxim's Hot 100.

That's why pinning him down for "Answer Man" was a pleasant surprise. Jeter, famous not only for his play on the field but also on the New York club scene, remains a ruler of Gotham, even in his 14th major league season...

Q: What's the best heckle you've ever heard from a Red Sox fan?

DJ: Man, they come up with some stuff. I don't know if I want to tell you — then I'd hear it all the time. They come up with some crazy things to say.

Q: How are sales going for Driven (your signature cologne) going?

DJ: Good. It's No. 1 (Ed. note: This could not be verified).

Q: So it's better than "Sex Panther"?

DJ: What's that?

Q: The perfume in "Anchorman" that's illegal in nine countries made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

DJ: Oh. I haven't seen that one [laughs].

Q: I seem to recall in another lifetime that you might have been friends with Lance Bass, but I can't find proof. Were you buds?

DJ: I know him. I wouldn't say we're "buddies." You meet a lot of people in New York. So, yeah, I've met him before.

Q: Whose wax dummy would take longer to melt: Yours or David Wright's?

DJ: Oh, man. Longer? I'm probably a little taller, so it might take longer for mine to melt [laughs].

Q: When Earth makes official first contact with aliens, will Mr. Steinbrenner go back to his home planet?

DJ: The Boss is the best. The best. So, wherever planet he's from, more people should be from there.

Q: The honor is well-known, but what perks come with being Yankees captain? Is there a gold card?

DJ: What perks? Oh, man. There's a lot of perks. More than you could know [laughs].

Q: Shouldn't Michigan just give you a degree already?

DJ: I think so. They probably should. I'm still a freshman. I went to school there in the off-season of my first year as a pro. I think they should. I'd like to get a degree. You ever see the movie "Back to School"? I'll go back with my kids.

So Jeter is definitly planning to have kids...if he doesn't already!!! ;-)

(hat tip to Yuku.com user JeterDiva2 for pointing out the interview)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe