5/09/2008 11:52:00 PM

Does Japan Offer A Return Policy For Terrible Pitchers?

Posted by Mark McCray |

Bryan Hoch/MLB.Com:

Kei Igawa was hit hard and often in his first start of the season, making an early exit as the Yankees dropped a 6-5 decision to the Tigers at Comerica Park on Friday in the opener of a seven-game road trip for New York.

Recalled from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre to start in place of demoted righty Ian Kennedy, the 28-year-old left-hander continued his struggles at the big league level, recording just two swinging strikes among the 64 pitches he threw over three-plus innings.

First things first. Fire the scout that thought it would be a wonderful decision to bring Kei Igawa to New York instead of Matsuzaka.

Second, now we all can clearly understand what was pissing Ian Kennedy off. I mean, I guess you really had no choice but to demote him but if I was being demoted so that freaking Kei Igawa could start in my place, I would have said a little bit more about how pissed I was than Kennedy did.

Third, bring Kennedy back up, without question. Ouch. Just two swinging strikes in 64 pitches? Really? I haven't pitched since high school, but I am pretty darn sure I could do no worse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe