5/25/2008 06:25:00 PM

If All Goes Well, Jorge Should Be Back By June 3rd

Posted by Mark McCray |

Kit Stier/MLB.com:

Jorge Posada is hoping his days of being stir-crazy are nearing an end.

The plan is for Posada to play in games on Monday and Wednesday, during which he'll be instructed not to throw. Extended spring games can be controlled, so he won't have to make throws in his first two contests. Then on Friday, it is hoped that he'll play in a game where the red light won't be on opposing runners.

"I think I'm going to play Friday and Monday again, so I can throw then," Posada said. "I'm looking forward to it. I feel good. I'm throwing good."

As with any injury, of course, nothing is set in stone. It'll be a day-by-day process with the veteran, who made 90 throws and stretched out from 120 feet on Sunday.

"When I'm doing the drills, I don't feel any discomfort or anything wrong," Posada said. "I think it's going to come naturally. I think Joe is going to be a little bit careful with me at the beginning. Once I start playing, if I'm not hurting or anything, obviously, I'm going to keep going."

Before injuring his should Posada was batting .308, with one homer and 11 RBIs in 18 games.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe