7/16/2008 05:14:00 PM

George Steinbrenner Speak's On All-Star Game

Posted by Mark McCray |

“Anyone who needed proof that Yankee Stadium is the grandest stage in baseball got it last night.

“The 2008 All-Star Game was one of the greatest experiences in my life and in franchise history. Thanks to the fans who jammed our Stadium and cheered into the wee hours. Thanks to the players who played their hearts out for their Leagues. Congratulations to Major League Baseball and Bud Selig for an extraordinary event.

“I was impressed and humbled by the record number of Hall of Famers who lined the field. Their presence underscored the heritage that Yankee Stadium represents.

“I particularly appreciated the many people who wished me well.

“The whole evening makes me anticipate the next chapter in the Yankees saga even more. I look forward to opening the new Stadium next year, knowing that the 2008 All-Star Game will forever be a tremendous part of the old one’s legacy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe