8/08/2008 07:13:00 PM

Chamberlain: "Everything Feels Fine Now"

Posted by Mark McCray |

Via Yahoo! Sports:

Joba Chamberlain plans to start a throwing program next week and expects to rejoin the New York Yankees’ rotation this month.

Chamberlain was placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday due to rotator cuff tendinitis in his pitching shoulder. The right-hander saw Dr. James Andrews on Wednesday, one day after an MRI on the rookie’s ailing shoulder.

“I’ll be throwing in a week. I’ll probably throw the beginning of next week,” Chamberlain said Friday when he arrived at the Yankees’ spring training complex. “Everything feels fine now.”

The 22-year-old was removed from Monday night’s start against Texas in the fifth inning with stiffness in his shoulder. He never thought the problem was serious.

“No. Not at all,” Chamberlain said. “It would have been different if I wasn’t still throwing 99 (mph). It was a different feeling that I never had, so I just wanted to make sure.”

When asked if he would be ready to start again for the Yankees by Sept. 1, Chamberlain said “I’ll throw way before that in a game.”


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe