11/11/2007 09:36:00 PM

Jorgie: "My Heart Is With The Yankees"

Posted by Mark McCray |

Mike Dougherty, Knicks beat writer for the Journal News, was able to catch Jorge Posada during halftime of a Knicks game Sunday night and ask him some questions about his future with the Yankees. He emailed the transcript of this interview to Peter Abraham over on the LoHud Yankees Blog.


Update on his situation: “We’re working on it. We’re working with the Yankees. We’re going to hear from the Mets tomorrow. I have no idea. … I would like to stay with the Yankees. My heart is with the Yankees, so hopefully we can get something done.

Does he want to stay with Yankees? “That would be the first choice, yes.”

When do you want to get this done: “I don’t know yet.”

Are you going to listen to other teams: “Yes.”

Are you in the driver’s seat? “Yeah. Yeah. We’re really close. It’s not about the money. For me, it’s the best situation.”

On Joe Girardi: “I love Joe. You know, Joe’s like a big brother to me. He’s been a big brother to me since like ‘96, so hopefully I’m hopefully looking forward to working with him.”

Are chances better than 50-50 you’ll be a Yankee? “Yes. Right now it’s up in the air, but the chances are good.”

Great news for the Yankees. When Jorge and Mariano re-sign, Cash and Girardi can start to look towards next year and begin to fill in all of the remaining gaps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe