12/02/2007 11:22:00 PM

No Johan, No Problem....

Posted by Anonymous |

As an avid New York Yankees fan I have found myself wavering back and forth on the whole Johan Santana story. One minute I find myself wanting to sell the farm and obtain him and the next minute I am ready to go with the three "kids" and not look back.

The toughest thing about this situation is that I have been following Phillip Hughes for some time and he represents everything that was correct about the Yanks in the mid 90's. I saw Jeter and Mo play in person in Columbus and I remember the excitement that built around those two guys as they approached the bigs. On the other hand, you are possibly getting a "once in a generation" pitcher that could usher in a new stadium in a lineup with one of the most feared hitters in the history of the game.

What I think I am trying to say is that the Yanks will be OK either way. The one thing that they can not do is back down and give Hughes, Kennedy, and Cabrera. Mortgaging the strength of three young players for one pitcher approaching thirty does not make sense. On the other hand, if you can make a fair trade and acquire Santana, I certainly will have no problem with that either.

Let the Red Sux get him and be the overwhelming favorite to win the Series, as we have seen quite often in sports recently, the favorite doesn't always take home the trophy.

On a side note, the BCS did Missouri a monumental injustice.

Go Bombers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe