1/06/2008 09:14:00 PM

Clemens: It Just Didn't Happen...

Posted by Mark McCray |

I don't even know what to say about this interview. It is up to you to make your own decision.

I mean honestly. After reading this...what do you think???

From an actual transcript of the 60 Minutes interview (click here for complete version).

WALLACE: Again, from the Mitchell Report, quote, "According to McNamee, during the middle of the 2000 season, Clemens made it clear he was ready to use steroids again. And during the latter part of the season, McNamee injected Clemens in the buttocks four to six times with testosterone. Also injected Clemens four to six times with Human growth hormone.

CLEMENS: My body never changed. If he's putting that stuff up in my body, if what he's saying which is totally false, if he's doing that to me, I should have a third ear coming out of my forehead. I should be pulling tractors with my teeth.

WALLACE: The next season 2001. It's from the Mitchell Report, quote, "According to McNamee, Clemens advised him in August of 2001 that he was again ready to use steroids. And shortly thereafter, McNamee injected Clemens with a steroid on four to five occasions at Clemens' apartment-

CLEMENS: Yeah. Never happened.

WALLACE: In two of the three years that McNamee claims that he injected you in '98 and 2001 win you won 20 games and the Cy Young award as the American League's best pitcher.

CLEMENS: In 1997 I won the Cy Young Award. 2004 when he supposedly, I wasn't doing it.

WALLACE: Yeah, but these are the years in which McNamee claims that he injected you.

CLEMENS: It didn't happen. It didn't happen. It just didn't happen.

Did it really never happen...or are you just conveniently trying to forget that it did...?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe