10/19/2008 05:27:00 PM

Abreu: "I Love New York, Bring Me Back"

Posted by Mark McCray |

You know, I heard some grumblings before the season from a few fans on comment forms and message boards wanting to get rid of Bobby Abreu. 

My opinion on the matter?  Absolutly not.  You must keep Bobby Abreu in Pinstripes.

There are plenty of reasons I could give as to why Bobby Abreu should remain with the Yankees, but I honestly don't even think it is worth it to mention them.  If you don't think Bobby Abreu should be a part of this team, then you have some serious explaining to do in the comments section. 

Whatever makeover the Yankees undergo in their playoff-less offseason, Bobby Abreu hopes he's not a part of it. The outfielder said he hopes he's back in pinstripes next year playing at the new Yankee Stadium, but admits he has no idea what the Bombers plan to do.

"Of course (I'd like to return),'' Abreu said at last night's Red Bulls game. "Of course I want to come back. I'm just going to see what's going to happen. Right now I'm just waiting. I want to come back, I've had a good time in the city, I really love New York. But that's what it is, I just have to wait and see what's going to be offered.''

"I'm just going to right now wait and see what's going to happen,'' Abreu said. "Of course I want to stay here in New York.''

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe