12/04/2007 09:54:00 PM

Cooler Heads Prevail In Santana Trade

Posted by Mark McCray |

Well, I hate to say it but I figured this was going to be the case after the deadline passed last night.

This trade was extremely scary for both clubs...but much more so for the Yankees. Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy could both turn out to be giant flops next year and I can not deny that. But if you know anything about baseball and you are even the slightest bit optimistic-- then you know they could just as easily go on to be multiple Cy Young winners...just like Santana.

Keeping this in mind while factoring in all of the intangibles that Melky Cabrera brought to the Yankees clubhouse in 2007 (make no mistake about it...when Melky Cabrera joined the team full time last year- the Yankees started winning), this Santana trade had me feeling pretty queasy. Please do not get me wrong--I would have taken Santana in a Hughes/Melky/Tabata trade...but anything past that and I think it would be time to do exactly what the Yankees did- walk away.

Whats that old saying? If it don't feel right, it ain't right? I think that pretty much sums up my feelings on this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!


Subscribe